Being basically trapped on the ground floor of the house after my hip surgery is at least going to be good for my knitting output. Crochet output was good until yesterday when my ball of yarn ran out. I can’t get down the stairs to my studio easily to get the next hank, never mind swift it and wind it!
So back to the stripy socks that have been my handbag project for the last *mumble* months. I had almost finished the second sock, hallelujah! When I realised that my ribbing was going to be 4 rows too short. Dammit. It was too noticeable to leave it. So I tried to figure out where I’d gone wrong. Which was quite frankly obvious when I tried the 2 socks on. Once foot was substantially longer than the other. So I ripped all the way back to before the heel. Cathartic, that.
And then. And then it sat there in my bag for I don’t know how long until yesterday when I ran out of alpaca on the crochet project.
Lisa & Ellen came over to quilt, I don’t have a hand quilting project at the moment so I started on the heel. I had to look up the instructions *once again* for the easiest short row heel. If I could remember where I left my memory things might be easier.
I wish I could say that was a photo from yesterday. It’s not. I worked my way through the heel until for some reason I had 7 stitches left on one side and 3 on the other. Rip-it, rip-it, etc, ad infinitum.
This morning, I have taken up the challenge once more. With a row counter, as you can see. I will count up until there are 11 unworked stitches each side, and carefully count down until there is a perfect short row heel. And then I will go back to heel flaps for the rest of my life.